The all new APR250 ISO11784/11785 RFID Handheld Reader is the perfect partner for the identification of EID tags and data transfer with USB and Bluetooth. With a large Colour display, a directional keypad and an ergonomic but robust housing it is the right tool for everyday work on the farm. The new magnetic USB connection makes data transmission and charging easier than ever. The bi-directional wireless data communication offers unique possibilities in combination with smartphones and other Bluetooth devices.
The APR250 is a fully integrated ISO11784/11875 RFID reader with a very good reading range for both HDX and FDX-B and a long operation time. It is not just a powerful EID Reader. Its ergonomic and robust IP 65 housing in combination with the low weight offers an easy and convenient day long work. The integrated Li-Ion battery lasts for many days of work. Even in continuous read mode the battery charge will last for up to 6 hours. Recharging via the USB Port is simple and quick with the unique magnetic coupling.
For the data collection it offers various options via keypad and interfaces:
- In the TASK mode custom data fields can be populated with information in a sequence to record an animal management event, e.g. birth, weighing, vaccination, movement. The tasks can consist of an EID scan, editable selection lists (e.g. medicines), time stamps, numeric and alphanumeric data input and a weight imported from a scale. The TASK can also consist of loops for repeatable data collection (e.g. at lambing).
- With the WEIGHT FROM SCALE Function, weight data can be imported from all major brands of scales via Bluetooth and it can be recorded in combination with the Animal ID in TASKs.
- The CONTINOUS READ Mode enables fast reading and data collection for batches of animals at a time.
- The integrated dynamic DATABASE can be downloaded to the reader memory. Its information can be displayed and edited during operation.
- The free AgriLink Software provided with the APR250 makes the upload of Link lists (VID, Alert) and the Download of the collected data very easy. AgriLink can export the data in Excel Format as well.
- The APR250 offers the unique BI-DIRECTIONAL Mode for wireless communication with Smartphones (Bluetooth) and other Bluetooth devices. It uses the functionality of a smartphone application via the display and keyboard of the APR250. It enables a one-device operation with remote data transfer.
Technical Data of the APR250
|Transponder types||HDX compatible (ISO 11784/5)
FDX-B compatible (ISO 11784/5)
|Read range||25 cm with HDX transponder (Ø 30 mm)
25 cm with FDX-B Transponder (Ø 30 mm)
|Synchronization||Wireless Synchronization allows the
operation with other readers in close
vicinity according to ISO24631-2
|Interfaces||USB (Virtual Comport or Mass Storage Device)
Class 1 Bluetooth module v4.1
Dual Mode: Classic (SPP, HID), BLE
|Memory||8 GB (100.000 records)
25 Tasks with 10.000 records each
|Power supply||Integrated Li-Ion Battery 3.4 Ah (12.2 Wh)
Internal charging via USB in max. 4h
with Agrident supplied PSU
|Display||2.4“ TFT (65K colours)|
|Keypad||7 button directional pad,
incl. “OK” button and two softkeys
|Signals||2 Status LEDs above the display
Audio Speaker, Vibration motor
|Operating Temp.||-20° to 60°C, -4° to 140° Fahrenheit|
|Storage Temp.||-20° to 60°C, –4° to 140° Fahrenheit|
|Charging Temp.||0° to 45°C, 32° to 113° Fahrenheit|
|Dimensions||L x W x H: 190 x 98 x 40 mm|
|Weight||approx. 270 g|